Exclusion dates apply. Subject to availability
From $115.00 AUD per night
Subscribe to the Royal Palm Resort regular newsletter for regular updates and specials!
Holidays are full of fun but that doesn't mean it can't be educational at the same time. In order to make it fun and educational, take the whole family to Queensland's famous nature-based destination.
The Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary features a natural bush land and rainforest setting that houses a diverse range of native animals. You and your family can see them up close and interact through the viewing experiences and amazing daily shows. In fact, there are five must-see educational shows.
1. Aboriginal Dance Show – This show is all about the rich local Aboriginal culture. See the Yugambeh Aboriginal Dancers' presentation, hear the stories, and learn about the Yugambeh language.
2. Australiana Sheep Shearing – Experience the Aussie outback and see the process of sheep shearing from the sanctuary’s “Gun Shearer”. After the show, you can meet him and his working dog. You can even take a picture while holding a snake!
3. Crocodile Behaviour Show – Here you will learn all about salt water crocodiles and fresh water crocodiles. You also get to meet the sanctuary’s newest salt water crocodile, Boss Hog. He is five metres long and has a girlfriend named Lilly. Want to hold a baby saltwater crocodile? No problem. You can even have your picture taken.
4. Dr. Doo-Lots & the Creature Teacher Show – Make sure to listen to Dr. Doo-Lots, the sanctuary’s wildlife whisperer and his Creature Teachers as they share some fun facts about the wild. You just might win prizes and meet some of their furry friends.
5. Free Flight Bird Show – Birds are beautiful creatures. If you want to see them up close, the Free Flight Bird Show will give you access to Australia's magnificent species such as the Australian pelican, birds of prey, parrots, and the wedge-tailed eagle. Make sure to stay after the show for a photo opportunity. For more information, visit: www.cws.org.au.
The Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is open daily from 8am to 5pm but closed on Christmas Day and Anzac Day. If you are planning to visit the sanctuary, book your Palm Beach Gold Coast accommodation with us today.
Royal Palm Resort is just within easy reach from the sanctuary. Our cheap Palm Beach accommodation offers a selection of modern apartments with views over the beautiful hinterland or the sparkling Pacific Ocean. You may enter your travel dates here: http://royalpalms.etourism.net.au/ and book!
Image Source : Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
All comments will be submitted to the administrator for approval.